by Michele Ciancimino
Did you know that 95% of Americans don’t get enough fiber in their diets? That’s an amazing statistic considering that we have been hearing for years that fiber is essential to a healthy body!
If you are eating the “standard American diet” (or SAD diet- an appropriate acronym), you’re likely consuming a lot of packaged, processed foods that are stripped of fiber and other important nutrients. When we start to favor real foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds over-processed convenience foods, our fiber intake naturally increases.
Here are just a few of the reasons you need fiber:
- Fiber feeds the good bacteria in your digestive tract that are needed for a healthy immune system and better digestion
- Certain types of fiber can help you lose weight by keeping you feeling full and satisfied longer
- Fiber can reduce blood sugar spikes after meals
- Fiber promotes healthy elimination and relieves constipation
- Fiber may reduce the risk of colon cancer
I recommend you aim for about 30 grams of fiber daily. However, if you don’t eat much fiber now, try adding just two or three grams every few days to your diet until your body adjusts. Too much fiber at one time can cause gas and bloating, so slow and steady is best. Add in an apple (3 grams) or a cup of strawberries (3 grams) or broccoli (2.5 grams) every few days until you reach the goal of 30 grams per day.
Want to find out how you can improve your health by including the right kind of fiber for your unique body? Email me to get your Free Fiber Quiz, and schedule a complimentary call to review your results. Stay Well,
- how certain foods are harmful to your body
- specific foods you must include in your diet to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and up-level your immune system
- the strategy you need to make your food work for you, not against you
- how you can design your nutrition strategy for the coming year
- sample menu to get you started See you on the road to better health
OPEN HOUSE | HICKAM AVE, LAS VEGAS, NV 89129 | JUNE 3, 2023 (SATURDAY) 12:30-3PM 8940
OPEN HOUSE 8940 HICKAM AVE, LAS VEGAS, NV 89129 SATURDAY, JUNE 3 12:30-3PM $1.6M Magnificent custom home with...
June 01, 2023Read More
The True Value of Homeownership
The True Value of Homeownership For BuyersFirst Time Home Buyers Buying and owning your home can make a big difference...
June 01, 2023Read More
2022 PROFILE OF HOME BUYERS AND SELLERS
2022 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers - Summary.pdf.pdf