t’s Wellness Wednesday!
We, at the New Home Experts, are proud to announce our affiliation with Michele Ciancimino, a health and wellness coach and owner of Goodness Girl.
Michele and I first met when I helped her and her family purchase a brand new home in Summerlin! Michele has always been a great source of health and wellness information and inspiration for me personally, and I am so excited to share her health tips with all of you!
by Michele Ciancimino
Next time you’re looking for a healthy snack, try pumpkin seeds. Check out this impressive list of health benefits:
- High in fiber.
- High in antioxidants and important minerals like zinc and magnesium.
- Contain healthy polyunsaturated fatty acids that help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Just half a cup contains 30 grams of protein.
- Contain lignans that can be beneficial in preventing cancer.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that can help in managing arthritis pain.
- They have a diuretic effect that can help remove toxins from the body and prevent kidney stones.
The list goes on, so it is worth it to add some pumpkin seeds to your diet.
Toss a handful on your salad or into a morning smoothie, or try my favorite way to snack on pumpkin seeds:
CHILI ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 3 cups organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 T organic coconut oil
- 1-2 T chili powder (depending on how much spice you like)
- Himalayan salt, just a sprinkle
Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan.
In a large skillet toss the pumpkin seeds until they start to brown and pop (about 5 minutes).
Then remove from heat and add melted coconut oil, chili powder and salt.
Toss to coat and allow to cool before removing to a serving bowl.