by Michele Ciancimino
February is American Heart Month, so it’s a great time to look at how your heart is doing now and what steps you can take to make it even better. We tend to take for granted that our hearts are working just fine, but we need to be aware of how our lifestyle can be either helpful or harmful to our hearts.
THE STATISTICS ARE SHOCKING:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the U.S.
- 1 in 5 women will die from heart disease
- About half of all heart attacks occur in people with normal cholesterol
- 2 in 10 deaths from coronary artery disease occur in people below the age of 65
The good news is that a healthier diet can make a significant difference lowering your risk of being one of the people a?ected by heart disease.
Yes, food is powerful and, with some better nutrition choices, you can significantly lower your risk of heart disease!
Isn’t it a relief to know there is actually something you can do to protect yourself?
One superfood I really love for supporting heart health is hemp seeds. These little powerhouses have so many benefits, including:
- they provide a complete plant-based protein (3 tablespoons have nearly 10 grams of protein)
- great source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids important to a healthy heart
- they give you a dose of fiber to help control both cholesterol and weight
- they promote a healthy inflammatory response
Pick up some hemp seeds and sprinkle them on salads, in yogurt, add to a smoothie or to your favorite recipes.
Want to learn more about how to adopt a heart-healthy diet? Sign up for this online FREE Masterclass and I’ll show you:
- Key nutrients you must include for a healthier heart
- Foods to avoid to protect your heart
- How to make a heart-healthy meal plan for yourself Here are the details:
Love Your Heart- Better Nutrition for a Healthy Heart Thursday, February 11 at 5:00 PM Pacific time
To Your Healthy Heart,