Buying a home can be stressful. But we have some tips so you don’t lose a night’s sleep over it.
And remember, when you buy a quick move-in home that closes within 60 days of a signed contract, you’ll receive a $1,000 gift card to Best Mattress.* Learn more
1. Using soothing music to wind down before bed each night is perfectly acceptable—even encouraged—as a relaxation technique. It turns out that bedtime listening can even help people with sleep disorders by boosting sleep quality and quantity. The benefits may not happen overnight—it can take as many as three weeks to see improvement—but listening to music pays off. (According to Sleep.org)
2. If you’ve been having trouble sleeping, the solution might be in a place you least expect: the morning sun. Morning sunlight, how much and when you get it, actually has a significant impact on your sleep. It may sound counter-intuitive, considering we sleep at night in the darkness, but it’s true. Why is morning sunlight so good for your sleep? The short answer is this: morning sunlight reinforces your natural circadian rhythms. (According to Sleep.org)
3. The use of artificial lighting and electronics at night may contribute to sleep problems. These devices emit light of a blue wavelength, which may trick your brain into thinking it’s daytime. Many studies suggest that blue light in the evening disrupts your brain’s natural sleep-wake cycles, which are crucial for optimal health. (According to healthline.com)
4. You hear it all the time – when it comes to sleep: Don’t drink caffeine too late in the day. It’s among the most common sleep tips—and it’s a good one. Caffeine, with its stimulant effects, is disruptive to good sleep. (According to Psychology Today)
5. While short power naps are beneficial, long or irregular napping during the day can negatively affect your sleep. Sleeping in the daytime can confuse your internal clock, meaning that you may struggle to sleep at night. In fact, in one study, participants ended up being sleepier during the day after taking a daytime nap. (According to Healthline.com)
Of course, having The New Home Experts on your side is another way to combat the stress of buying a home. We simplify the home-buying process and help you make the right decisions to best protect your investment. The best part: Our services won’t cost you a dime. Contact us today to learn more.
*This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion from Best Mattress and is only valid upon the purchase of a qualified new home through Coldwell Banker Premier Realty that closes escrow within 60 days of the date of the contract to purchase. Receive a $1,000 gift card redeemable only at Best Mattress, which will be provided at the close of escrow. Can be redeemed at any Best Mattress location. Offer expires 12 months from the original issue date and cannot be redeemed for cash. This gift card promotion is not related to any referral fee for a transaction involving a federally related mortgage loan.